Thursday, November 1, 2018

520 Slick on Nov. 1, 2018

Great day at the slick today. Starting to feel like I need the wetsuit, it has been a little nippy the last few times I went in. Please make sure to work your way down to the bottom of this post, more info, but I want to wait till the end to post.













There is a reason for so few pictures today, and it isn't good. If you don't know, back in March, an experienced kiter chose to spray me as opposed to going on the other side of me. After about an hour in the heat of my truck, I was able to get the camera working again and was able to finish out my time at the demo that day. We all know how well saltwater likes electronics. Since that day, I have known my camera will eventually die.

Lately, the camera has had intermittent problems connecting with the lens, forcing me to reboot the camera. It was just mostly annoying especially when I am trying to get your trick shots. Today, the lens stopped being able to focus on you as you were moving.

I do not know if this is the camera or the lens, as both got wet that fateful day. Thankfully, I do have another zoom lens, but not as far reaching as my big one is. I will be returning to the slick on the 2nd to try getting more pictures. With any luck, I will be able to keep getting the shots of you for you.

If It does happen to be the camera that is failing, I do not know when I will be able to return to get more pictures of you. I am not in a financial position to buy a new camera in the short term. That is why I have been asking for donations so that I can hopefully save up by February when the latest version of my camera will be available.


Please help support me by going to my smugmug account at JeffreyTPhotography. If you think I am missing any there hit me up and I'll add the rest of what I have, jeffreythull@gmail.com.
Or please consider donating $5 or $10 to help me out with my expenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment