Sunday, April 22, 2018

520 Slick on April 22nd, 2018

Happy Earth day everyone.
Today's winds were a bit gusty and tended to drop a bit. Some kiters while I was here needed to upsize their kites to keep going. But there was still a lot of fun and air to be had today. I was disappointed that I needed to be home for 2:30 today, that was until about 2:45 when a big t-storm rolled over Cape Canaveral. If I had been at the slick I probably would have a drenched camera.

I got to the 520 slick about 12:30 and of course 321 kiteboarding and Good Breeze was there before me. Hell, when are they not here before me? LOL. Though, if they aren't here, I'm turning around.

Their is nothing better than seeing people getting lessons to join us out on the water, Whether you get your training from Tim of 321 Kiteboarding, G from Good Breeze or the guy in the picture below, it is all good. We are always welcoming new people to our family here.

A question was asked of me today. Why do I take most of my pictures of kiters between me and the shore? I go to the inner side of the channel so that when someone passes between me and the shore, The sun is behind me. This eliminates a lot of production time needed to compensate having the sun behind you. Depending on the time of day, you may end up as little more than an indeterminate silhouette n the water. I do not have a lot of time to process 300 to 1000 pictures I may take in the afternoon. and many times, I end up not working on pictures that need heavy work. Getting Decals and Such up and running take a lot of my time. Speaking of the site, I just added water shirts to the site. 50+ UPF shirts with PURE-tech™ moisture wicking technology.

A lot of air was grabbed today.























I love the jumpers, but the buzzers are fun when they buzz by me. Just remember, closer than 20 feet and I probably won't get a good picture, as you are too close.















Of the 444 pic I took today, 378 came out great. I do not put all of them up on smugmug, that would be way to may to wade through to find a good picture of you. If you want to see all the pictures I have of you, send me an email with at least one of the IMG numbers and the day I took the picture. I will try to pull all the pictures I have of you together for you to view. I can even send your pictures to Walmart, Target, or Walgreens for pick up if you want to pay for physical pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment