Sunday, September 2, 2018

520 Slick on Sept 2, 2018

Today at the slick about 2-2:30 a storm came up on the horizon. I kept watch of it to see if there was any lightning. Thankfully there was none. But it made me realize that other than waving my hands around frantically, I have no way to to tell the kiters what is happening. As such, I looked up the ASL sign for a lightning bolt. If you see me waving frantically and then doing a zig zag downward, I have spotted lightning. If there is an already known way to signal lightning, please let me know. I would rather use a well known hand signal that is already in use.
With that said on to the story.

I got to the 520 slick about 12:45. 2 were on the water and a 3rd had arrived probably 2 minutes before me. Thankfully more showed up to make a great afternoon for all.





























I generally do not take many pictures of the wind surfers because they typically do not approach in a way for me to get a face picture. If you are a wind surfer and want to have you picture taken, you do not need to ask me, Just approach in a way that I will be able to see your face, generally, It would be best to do this between me and the shore, but I do know this is not always practical. Generally, I can get decent pictures about 100 feet away.



Please help support me by going to my smugmug account at JeffreyTPhotography. If you think I am missing any there hit me up and I'll add what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment